Please log in or register an account with us.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please log in or register an account with us.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Site Navigation

May 2024

SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 15 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:16 am

3 posters

How to become a successful Warrior in PvP.

0dre010
    0dre010
    Socialite
    Socialite

How to become a successful Warrior in PvP. Empty How to become a successful Warrior in PvP.

Post  0dre010 Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:38 pm

How to become a sucesful warrior in pvp wow, okay.. first thing you have to know is that a warrior's rage is based on gear, to actually be good in pvp you will need gear, a good balance between the proper stats for your spec, will do miracles. Also a LOT of you don't know this ... 1 Strength = 2 AP, for Warriors and DK's(unfortunatly)
    It is a must that you do not click when you're a warrior, it's a major set back to your capabilities. The Warrior is my favourite class because it offers the biggest challenge it+s the hardest, AND IT'S THE FUNNEST!
    As one great Warrior once said, "If you manage to control the Warrior Class, you will be the OWNAGE"
    It's essential for a Warrior to have a quick reaction to what's happening and how can you solve it. helping your team mates, by interveening, and disarming your opponent, well, all that.

Let's talk about specs.

Fury, a not so good spec for pvp, mostly because it got nerfed, it as no diversity in pvp, in my opinion the fact that you can't charge while in combat is a set back to fury pvp, you will get more snared then usual, which will result in frustration and "getting pwnt"
    The proper gear should consist of Strength/AP > Crit > Armor Pen > Agil/Haste.
    A good warrior can get up to 5k AP, 35% crit, 20% ArP, you have to achiev a good balance, resil is a must, so start farming. Spec:18/53/0 This spec consists of facerolling with whirlwind and bloodthirst.

Protection, the "OP" spec, until Warbringer got nerfed protection pvp never was the same, even though it's still very fun to play.
    FIRST THING I SEE AND I HATE IS THAT A LOT OF PROT PVP WARRS ARE USING PVP GEAR IN PROT. NO! THAT IS WRONG. To be successful in pvp you need great PVE! gear. Strengh > Block Value > Crit > ArP
    You don't need a lot of ArP by the fact that devastate puts a sunder effect on your target, if at 5 stacks, it's 20% armor reduction on the target.
    Those great crits come from Shield slam, stacked with Shield Block which increases your block value by 100% that's double the damage you would do with a normal shield slam hit. Remember that Shield block influences the shield slam damage. Spec: 12/8/51. Because of the lack of resilience, due to the pve gear you'll fight most of the time in defensive stance, switching to battle stance for the 10% ArP bonus. If you want to test out your shield slam damage, equip your shield and your 1h wep, go zerker stance, use recklessness, go defensive stance, Shield block, battle stance, charge and shield slam.

Arms: my personal favorite. This spec is the ideal for pvp, it has hugh diversity and has tons of neat tricks that will make any ret and dk your bitch. Stance dancing a lot is a must here. You'll need macros to be successful here. I'll talk about that in a sec.
    When fighting a melee, well, if you're fighting a ret or a dk, it's ideal that you get distance in the begginging, what i like to do in the begginging vs a ret is to use retaliation,charge and bladestorm, that lil' trick imputs shitloads of damage, remember to trinket the stun kids. Vs a dk you don't want to do that, why? because you will get stunned by the pet when you do. So it's ideal that you save the charge for when the dk starts kiting you with chains of ice, intimidating shout is your friend, fear the pet, get retaliation off, put rend up and bladestorm, start spamming overpower and mortal strike, if you start getting low healthed, this is when macros come in handy Smile there's a macro that switches to a 1h weapon and a shield. ( if you need to know it PM me. too lazy to put it here). Use Shield block, shield wall if necessary and enraged regeneration if needed aswell. FROM THESE STEPS ON YOU WILL BLOCK A LOT. this is where "unrelenting assault" from the arms tree kicks in. SPAM REVENGE. that's shitloads of damage. once your shield block runs out you won't be able to through revenges cuz you prolly won't be blocking anything. you can't do this in prot, because it's only doable with a talent deep into the arms tree. Rogues ARRGGHH so easy Razz start with a 1h and a shield, and in defensive stance, whenever you have a good hunch to where he's at try piercing howling, if you can get a rend up on him it's pretty much game over, you can shield block and spam revenge, if he uses evasion well, go battle stance and spam overpower with cannot be dodged. When fighting healers, you'll want to stay in zerker stance now and often and be ready to pummel, or make a macro that will switch you to a 1h and shield, and add shield bash to that macro, it will silence him instantly and the cooldown isn't a lot. Vs a caster your main friend is Rend, if you're fighting a class like a frost mage where you're getting snared a lot, keeping rend up on him is your main source of damage, what i like to do, is start in zerker stance, use bloodrage, intercept, battle stance, (tthe mage will prolly blink here) charge if he blinks and bladestorm. this will make them pop ice block, if they have it on cd, well, game over. vs a ele shaman, which are very fun to duel against you shoyld have your spell reflection macroed to your keyboard. get ready to reflect lava bursts and hex's. I believe shampowa is he best ele shaman on the server, which i can beat, not easily though as i would like to.(<3 you shampowa) Versus locks, well, errr... have you ever heard of easy pie? well... lol... charge, put rend up and start spamming over power, reflect some chaos bolts, your best friend here is berserker rage which makes you immune to seduce and fear effects, <3 which the warlock can't counter.
    Spec: 57/14/0 Strength/AP > Crit > ArP

This concludes everything i can remember of, once again you can't click with a warrior, start learning how to bind keys to your abilities, i use 12345RTFGZXCV and TAB, and shift plus 12345RTFGZXCV and tab.
    If you need to know any macros PM me, and if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask, my ingame char is "Drre" This tutorial was completly made by me, i claim every right here Razz. I'm not a native english speaker, so don't troll me about my grammar please. I did my best.

|f you can spot any mistake that doesn't include grammar, please correct me.

Have fun little grasshoppers.
    Tulx
    Tulx
    Guild Leader
    Guild Leader

How to become a successful Warrior in PvP. Empty Re: How to become a successful Warrior in PvP.

Post  Tulx Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:04 pm

omg Drre u are borde
    carl00
    carl00
    Socialite
    Socialite

How to become a successful Warrior in PvP. Empty Re: How to become a successful Warrior in PvP.

Post  carl00 Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:22 pm

wow yeah, u dont have anything to do ? XD, i see you visit the forums, when u start playing wow again ?
    0dre010
    0dre010
    Socialite
    Socialite

Post  0dre010 Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:12 pm

Yeah lol i was bored, sue me! Very Happy
    Hopefully when my birthday comes up, i can't buy a new computer atm Sad
    carl00
    carl00
    Socialite
    Socialite

Post  carl00 Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:24 pm

YOUR BIRTHDAY ? it is in next year XD you need to get job to get money, lols...
    0dre010
    0dre010
    Socialite
    Socialite

Post  0dre010 Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:41 pm

Actually it's on July the 14th

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:35 pm